Sunday, October 21, 2007

Winbourne Clean Up


Yesterday was an awesome day, to say the least. Glenn, Jordan, Ashlyn Mitch, Kenny, Melee and I all helped out at the Winbourne clean up day. I was so touched by how many servants showed up. We had at least 250 people to show up ... what an awesome move of God. My job was to dust every nook and cranny of the pews of this beautiful facility. As I dusted each one, God began to show me the many faces that would sit in these very pews and come to know the Lord. I was so excited to be a part of something so wonderful.


One thing that really stuck out to me was this. A man walked up with his two young daughters...probrably 4 and 6, and asked was there anything that he could do that they could do also. So I told him that the dusting would probrably be fun for his two girls. So they all began to dust with us. I really thought how wonderful it was that this man took a saturday morning to spend with his daughters teaching them about servanthood. What a great age to learn to take ownership of the house of God. I couldn't think of too many daddys that would spend a saturday morning with his young kids working, but he obviously understands this "kingdom principal" and wants his girls to value it also...AWESOME!!!!
Mamma P

1 comment:

Jason Guidry said...

Awesome!