Thursday, August 23, 2007

Closer 2 Nite


OH my Gosh, tonite "Closer" was so much fun. We celebrated Candace's Birthday at Ci Ci's Pizza and had a bible study there too. It was sooo awesome. We had planned to have Closer Girls there tonite cuz Tori's mom has been under the weather. But about 4:00 this afternoon, I decided to get Candace a birthday cake and surprise her(her bday is this Saturday by the way). So I went bought her a cake and went to CiCi's with the cake early so she wouldn't see her cake. After we finished eating pizza , I had the owner bring out her cake with the magic candles on it. As we began to sing, we were much surprised to have the whole St. Amant football team join in and sing with us. It was so funny. I really think there were about 70 people singing happy birthday to Candace.


Before we began the bible study, the team had left. But I wondered if they would have participated in the bible study as they had the song. I was mad at myself for not being bolder. It could have impacted them , had I thought sooner. Anyway, we finished up on "you choose". We dove into some very important principles that pertain to good decision making. I think all were filled with pizza and the word of God. Oh and some of us was clothed in icing. We learned from our youth pastor in LA how to smear icing all over each other in public places. Thanks Leah. Sorry for getting it in your hair...NOT!!!!

3 comments:

Misty said...

oh my gosh! it sounds like yall had so much fun! i had to work, and i ate a salad for supper-i would taken the pizza and smearing cake on people over that any day, lol. >4 Misty

leah said...

pshhh paula. i know you ARENT sorry for putting that nasty yellow icing in my hair. you are such a great leader. SO KIND. . .haha okay, well i started it. i love youuuuuuuu

Amanda said...

Thanks for being there for the girls. My daughter Zoe went and had a great time! She definately wants to get involved. Sounded like you had great fun. Zoe couldn,t believe the football team started singing. She had fun!