Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bittersweet memories


I am so sorry for how long it's been since my last post but I have been very preoccupied with planning Julia's going away party and then seeing her off back to Germany.


Wow I didn't really know how much I love that girl, till now... now that I can no longer go in her room to say goodnite, see her off to school and all those other things that a mamma does for her child.


As you all know Julia came here as an Athiest, but left the US confused. Confused is good...way better that atheism. When I talked to her yersterday I told her that I wanted to write a letter to her family letting them know how close she and I had gotten so that when she is down, they'll better understand her. She really liked the idea. This is the really cool thing. I asked her if she wanted me to mention anything about church and she said yes because she had just mentioned to her parents earlier that day that church was one of her favorite things. Isn't this amazing?


We had all been praying that she would be bold and what a first step... telling her parents how vital church was in her life here in the US.


I miss her terribly. Some days good , some not so good. The tears aren't coming quite as bad. I've really been calling out to God for strength. I can truly identify with parents who have lost a child. I know she is still alive but I mourn the lost of this year, this season of my life. There is no doubt that I will see her again but never in this capacity. And that really hurts.


So please send me some scriptures that can help me through this difficult time. I have been reading Psalms 23 everyday. And like a said each day gets a little bit easier. But I would love to here stories and scriptures that helped you through tough times.


Love mamma P


3 comments:

Jason Guidry said...

I miss her too.

That's really cool about her thinking of church as one of her favorite things though!

Jamie said...

Oh Mrs. Paula,
I open my Bible and Psalm 20 seemed like it would encourage you! I know it's harder than what seems barable, but God never gives us more than we can bare! Never forget that! We'll be praying for you!
SKittles :[

Stephanie said...

I miss her too!

I miss you also mamma P!