Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Submerge re-cap



All I can say is WOW to submerge... what an amazing move of God, not only on our young people but us old folks too.

I had the most amazing group of girls. In our room was Heather Leblanc, Simone Rougon, and Jordan Prince. Then the other leader was my dear friend Miriam from Life Church in Charlotte with her two girls Lauren and Kara. We all got along so well and began the start of some great new relationships.

But I particularly want to highlight one of the girls in our group and her name is Jordan Prince. I don't know if many of you know her story. But she was diagnosed with brain cancer about six years ago. She has gone through many situations and obstacles during this time. She has since lost all hearing in one ear and almost all in the other. The doctors have told her mom that she also will loose her sight. She broke her ankle a few months ago, but had first walked on it for two weeks due to her inability to feel the same as you and I do. As you can imagine, she has climbed a tough mountain.

I am just so proud to have served as her leader. She shows the most amazing courage and strength. I just watched her fit in with each girl in her own special way. She never became discouraged or wanted to go back home where things were familiar to her and I sooo admire her for this. I don't know that I could have been so brave at this age. It really challenged me to face my fears head on like she does... with a continuous child like faith.

So hats off to you Jordan, YOU TRULY ARE AMAZING!!!!

LOVE
Mamma P

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Man,
that convicted me, Mrs. Paula, 'cause I had no idea that she had been diagnosed w/brain cancer. If I had known all of that, me and Chris could have ridden on the bus. Man, I feel like a jerk, so if something like this comes up again, just slap me you hear! lol Camp was amazing wasn't it!!!!!!!!!!

Claire said...

I know I'm a little late but Happy Birthday Mrs. Paula :D.

-Claire
(Josh-bob and Chris' younger sis)

Unknown said...

I have to tell you this.I searched Jordans name cause I used to be her nanny after she was diagnosed.I used to watch her and her brother.Jordan has always been a fighter, shes a precious angel. I haven't spoken to her in a long time but I always thought of her and had her in my prayers.It was unfortunate that I wasnt able to take care of her anymore.I remember when she was finally able to go back to school for 1/2 a day she was so happy.Please let her know Mrs. Lori still thinks of her often and is so Happy shes doing good.She deserves the very best in life cause shes amazing and a fighter.