Saturday, September 08, 2007

Exciting news


Ashlyn found out Friday afternoon that she made Dutctown's 2007 Homecoming Court. I know you are probrably thinking what I thought ...so much of the flesh. However, Ashlyn is so not like many of these girls. We had a meeting yesterday and while alot of these girls were trying on 64 dollar tops for the parade, Ashlyn said, Mom let's go to Rue 21 for my casual clothes for the parade and pictures." We got her top and pants for 50 dollars. I was so proud that she wasn't worried about doing or looking like anyone else. If nothing else, I am so happy to see someone in love with Jesus make the court, represent him and make a stand for this generation. Congratulations Ashlyn and to the 2007 Dutchtown Homecoming Court!!!

2 comments:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

That's so incredible and I was cheering for her. I am really happy for her.

Amanda said...

Congrats!