Thursday, August 30, 2007

Do you hold the key?

n
I heard a story on the news this morning that I have been thinking about all day. A key that may have held some of the secrets of the titanic going down was being auctioned off.

It was the key that could have saved the Titanic.
The simple item was for a locker that stored the binoculars in the crow's nest and was in the possession of a Scots officer who was taken off the luxury liner at the last moment.

In his haste, second officer David Blair forgot to hand the key over to his replacement and took it with him. As a result, none of the lookouts on board could use the binoculars, despite asking other officers for them.


I began to think about how many lives may have been saved had this key been in the place that it should have been. This man held the key to many lives being saved. God began to stir this in me ...
I hold the key to people being saved from their sin. Am I putting Jesus in the light or is he stored away in the locker of my heart and not being shared. What a precious key, Jesus, that we hold to save the many souls God has in trusted us with.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

awesome insight!