Thursday, July 26, 2007

Parenting Ways Today Frustrate ME

Why do parents want to be a friend to their kids instead of being an example to them?

Today I was cleaning a guys teeth and we were talking about how I finally let Ashlyn get a nose ring. I told him that after about 2 years of her asking that I began to realize there could be so many worse things that she could be doing like drinking, smoking, having sex. He said "Yea we worry about our daughter too, she's not smoking or having sex but we do let her drink. I continued to clean his teeth and he said I'll tell you more about it when we finish the cleaning. "
Well we never got on the subject again, and I really didn't care because I really didn't want to here how he rationalized why she should get to drink. I'm sure it would have been along the lines of, "It's so much safer if we are with her" or " She would do it anyway so why not with us." I love that one.

UHHHHH!!!!this just really gets to me. I can't stand when parents are to weak to stand up and be a parent and not their kid's best friend.

When Jesus walked here on earth he didn't say, " Now I'll curse but don't you" or " Now I'll get drunk but don't you." No He came and was an example to us and showed us how we should live. Why won't parents be this same example to their kids???? So many parents want to use lip action and not be the example that their kids need.

This might be really strong and offensive to some, but our children want and need rules and discipline. They cry out for it. I just wish parents would stand up and do what they were called to do. Be a parent and not a friend.


Love as always
Mamma P

2 comments:

Jason Guidry said...

When my parents say no, they mean no.

-Jason

im>just-teli@ said...

hey mrs Paula!!!! i got a new blog!!!!finially love ya:) have an awesome day!